Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• There was an outdoor game in Norway on Saturday. Mats Zuccarello and a bunch of current and former NHLers like Henrik Lundqvist, Zdeno Chara and Peter Forsberg took it outside to benefit Right to Play, the Henrik Lundqvist Foundation and the Zuccarello Foundation.
• The arena saga in Ottawa rolls out after the latest meeting between Eugene Melnyk and the city. [TSN]
• Mark Hunter is heading back to London to be the general manager of the OHL’s Knights. [London Knights]
• On the quality of NHL hockey in 2018. [Yahoo]
• An interesting look at the trade tree of the legendary Wayne Gretzky deal. [Sporting News]
• Hilary Knight is returning to the CWHL’s Les Canadiennes de Montreal. [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
• Which contracts from this summer warrant the most head scratches? [ESPN]
• How much of this season will ride on the the Calgary Flames’ goalies? [Flames Nation]
• What this off-season means for the Carolina Hurricanes. [Canes Edge]
• Canada downed Sweden 6-2 to take its first Hlinka Gretzky Cup. [IIHF]
• Finally, Alexis Lafreniere, the possible No. 1 pick in 2̶0̶1̶9̶ 2020, is ridiculous: